View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 09:52 AM

New lower control arms.

I was looking at rear shock length issues and also thinking about getting my car back on the road. So I decided to give a little thought to the rear suspension this weekend. I needed a few things to happen. 1st is to get the ride height I want and still have shock travel. 2nd I need a little wider track in the back for the new axles and differential. And 3rd to be able to compensate the adjustments.
So I have already made adjustable upper arms for the rear suspension. So really all I needed to solve for was the toe link. I had been thinking I was just going to make a fully adjustable one and still might. But when I realized that I was going to widen the track a little I figured I could simply dial it in for the w203 tie rod which is .5" longer. And after solving a few triangulations got the measurements and this is what I came up with.
I got about an inch of drop total out of the shock position change and the outer bolt hole change. With the B8 bilstein shocks I am at my lowered position with dead center shock travel. I also widened the track .42" total. But a bunch of that is already being done with the upper control arms to dial in camber. So the lca only needed to be widened the bottom around a 1/4"
Attached Thumbnails
New lower control arms.-img_1597.jpg   New lower control arms.-img_1599.jpg