View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 PM

There are a couple of non-destructive ways to do this. They involve the vacuum system. It's been 20-30 years since I did this (on a regular basis). The two best ways both involve intercepting & controling the vacuum system. You can intercept the vacuum line & cycle vacuum, or you can electrically intercept the vacuum pump & cycle the locks by cycling the pump. The service manual may be of help in locating the two systems, and the procedure for cycling the lock may be found under trouble shooting the system. Noodle around the internet & look for a 'how to' on installing an aftermarket alarm system (like clifford, viper, etc) that has door lock option. The major alarm companies published info on the intercepting the vac system electrically in order to tie into the factory door, trunk & gas cap cover locks. It's a little tricky to remove the sill plate and kick panel, and rear seat, but it's all in there. BTW the car will need a fresh/charged battery. Sometimes, & I mean sometimes, you can get lucky and cycle the lock system by disconnecting the battery and tapping the cable end on the post. (ventilate before doing this - you don't want to light off the hydrogen gas from the battery) Make sure you leave a door open/windows down while doing this - I've inadvertantly locked the doors while doing this. Good luck!

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot; 03-12-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling