View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 AM

@TnBob
Therein lies the problem. I live in the middle of nowhere, Fairbanks, Alaska. The next town over is a 6 hour drive away. There are no junk yards here. I've ever only seen two other W123's here in town anyway. I can't find them for sale either. Finding a parts car is pretty much out of the question, unfortunately.

All right, so I changed the oil and filter and the gaskets etc, fired her up and she ran again. She didn't want to turn off.

Mercedes has decided to run all vacuum lines right on top of the oil filter housing, and I accidentally knocked one loose. I was able to stop the engine without a problem using the STOP button, hooked up the vacuum line and she shuts off again when I turn the ignition.

She took 7.9 quarts to get it up to the full mark. Not kidding. I let her drain while I was putting the engine shock and the air filter etc back, so she was draining for a good hour and a half.

Anyway, I need to take some pictures etc, because taking a closer look at the car has made me have a few extra questions....They are better explained with pictures.