View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 AM

Thanks I wish this forum was like benzworld and they resized to a smaller dimension to make it easier to read the thread.

I checked the voltage in the parking lot and it was reading at 12.1v at idle. I am kind of concerned but when I push the linkage it increases with throttle. I am thinking the battery is just drained and I was driving with the lights, acc and radio on. I feel like I may have to upgrade the alternator if this continues or see if I can find a drain. I have also started the car about 6 times and driven the car maybe 10 miles tourist are here and you can't go over 35 on any freeway right now...

Oh I have that on the 82 and that is such an easier way to tension the alternator. The starbolt is right behind the belt and attempting to get a wrench on it to turn it is a huge PITA plus on the 78 you have that huge york compressor blocking any access above. Its underneath or blind. I hope I don't need to take it off again..I know the Chrysler route! I had a dodge I remember use the tire iron to pray it over and tighten the bolt.