View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronometers View Post
Mine has wear on driver's side. I think if previous owner uses the automated seat positioner when the engine shuts off, the movement and final position of the seat, puts the driver in such a position that they rub on the b-pillar getting out.

I'm small in frame and never have found the need to have my seat and steering wheel move to let me out of the car. In addition to causing wear on the c-pillar, you also put more cycles on the seat/steering wheel motors by using this feature.

Fabric is kinda thin and fragile on the b-pillar in my opinion.
I was out and about town in my beautiful CDI today, and I entered and exited it several times as I normally do. I paid attention to my comings and goings from the car after reading this Monday night...... I can't figure out how and why somebody would drag body parts against the C-Pillar at all, unless they have the seat waaay back and drug out the side using the door frame for support. My legs are 36" inseam, and I don't nearly use the seat rolled waaay back. I'm also not small @ 6' & 200lbs., so I dunno what's going on with that area on other cars.