View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19_68 View Post
Thanks for the advice - here's a small update:

- Detached battery terminals and put on a trickle charger all night - this morning, charger was showing about 1-2A @ 13.8V.
- Pulled K40 and checked connectors and PCB - found an odd 'solder bridge' made up of what appeared to be tiny metal flakes (see attached). Cleaned up PCB on K40 and reinstalled.
- Put multi-meter in amps mode and put in series from positive terminal to car positive terminal - was showing about 0.75A. Connected battery to car terminals and checked battery voltage - now showing about 13.4V.
- Car started right up and seems to run great. CCU in diagnostic mode on sensor #24 showed 11.0 - turned on headlights and showed 10.8 - set blower to max and showed 10.7 - increasing engine RPMs did not make reported voltage fluctuate - turned both off and went back to 11.0 - battery voltage checked with multi-meter was 11.5V while idling (I assume the multi-meter is more accurate than diagnostic reported by CCU)
- Turned off ignition and checked battery voltage - showed 12.6V

Not sure what might be happening but I'm going to pickup a new battery later today.
Dear Scott,
Currently I am repairing my k40, I shall be really grateful if you could please attach a complete view (clear picture/s) of your k40's back circuit board. Right now I can see only middle section of your k40.

Thanks!