View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 02:33 PM

Still waiting on parts. Got bored, surfed Ebay looking for fun W123 stuff.

I was looking for a replacement right rear light cluster (mine has a hole in it) and then I found this:
Mercedes W123 123 Brake Light Upgrade 300D 300CD 280E | eBay

It's a brake light upgrade, using the (unused) fog lights as brake lights. I bought it, so we'll see how that turns out.

I noticed the light switch in my US W123 can be pulled out 2 notches. I remember from my dad's W123 in Europe that when pulled out all the way the rear fog light would turn on. Am I correct in assuming that the second "notch" on the US light switches is just not wired up at all, and thus useless?

Also, my front fog lights only turn on with the head lights. Pretty sure on the European W123 you can run the fog lights (we always called them "wide beam lights" in Holland) without having the head lights on, but I'm assuming this was also not allowed in the US?
On my daily driver (Mazda) I rewired the fog lights so I can turn them on with just the parking lights. That was quite easy, but I guess it'll be much harder to accomplish the same thing on a W123?
The Turd: 2007 Toyota Camry (wife's car, 118k miles)