View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 01:56 PM

Its here!

Initial issues I have found so far:

1. Breather hose is damaged at one end, might use a catch tank
2. Diesel has collected in the injector wells - its old diesel and I think its the return lines starting to degrade
3. MAF.....really badly blocked with muck mixed with the oil from the breather!
4. Car screams/whistles on acceleration down low, turbo is 100% solid so thinking a vacuum pressure relief valve somewhere?
5. Water temp seems quite low, perhaps a thermostat stuck open?

I will be looking to take off the inlet manifold tomorrow to give that a clean, now that the MAF has been cleaned (as well as the sensor) its running much better as I would say there was a 50% blockage in the intake to the turbo.

I have reset the transmission and it seems a bit happier, I have now understood about the kickdown button right at the bottle of the accelerator travel - its stiff so probably hasn't been used much!

One thing I did notice is that the stock airbox is well designed with a velocity stack on the MAF as well as having a front facing cold air intake from next to the grill. This will mean that I will probably look to keep the stock airbox and perhaps add a different filter instead, although I might try and run an enclosed filter but use the stock front facing intake - something like a CDA.

The inlet manifold hasn't been touched, should come up really good once its cleaned and polished up a bit I think!