View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot View Post
I'll be posting photos of salvage yard MB's I run across while wandering in Illinois. Check in my albums. PM me for yard/owner contact info. Any interest in private party finds?

The oldest benz is a 197(4)? 300D NA 65k W115 miles. Motor is in very good shape all things considered, only reason the car ended up in the yard was due to it rusting out. The interior is largely intact, black, hazard switch has been removed, 2/4 white hub cabs (remaining are in good condition). Bumpers are in superb condition. The seats show very little wear. Glass shows no chips. Original wiper blades intact. I believe the trans in the car. No indication of accident, many parts still available. There was a mouse nest in the glove box, i removed it as well as the glove box liner (shot). Dash has been sun baked and cracked in several locations. Instrument cluster still intact.

The second car is a Pre-98 e320 series, lots of interior is left over, says bad motor, no knowledge of what was under the hood (didn't check) fenders are too rusted for any use. Seats have water damage Instrumnet cluster, shifter and glass in good condition.

Third car did not look for.