View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 12:40 PM
User friendly

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Benz

Your perfect mate is probably somewhere, wondering if she will never meet someone like you...one day, you shall meet!
Well put!
Funny thing is, alot of the time the"perfect mate" may not be exactly what you think she should be. The girl I was dating that I referred to earlier was what I considerd perfect. We shared alot of interests, and agreed on a lot about life. She was gorgeous, and was just what every mother would like to have their son bring home to "meet the parents". I could go on and on about her. I still have some feelings for her 25 years later.
The girl I married wasn't quite all that. But I can see now that it's more her personality traits that have made her a good companion, more than the common interests that we could have shared. She has been eternally patient with me and my ways, and my wierd hobbies. She's been a great mother to my childeren. I could go on and on about her too.
I guess my point is, the best thing isn't always what you think it should be. When my wife and I met, there was just that "something" that clicked. It just felt right. And I really knew nothing about her.
'67 230
'84 SD
Current rides:
'06 Lexus RX330
'93 Ford F-250
'96 Corvette
'99 Polaris 700 RMK sled
2011 Polaris Assault
'86 Yamaha TT350(good 'ol thumper)