View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 06:56 PM

momo,

In fact there have been three different articles on the tech in PC World, none of which have been overly favorable to ArteraTurbo. The company has been pressed HARD by its shareholders to challenge the conclusions of Tom Spring, and we've been told it will be forthcoming. When and how, I have no idea.

It's interesting when you have particular insights into a product/technology and it is consistently msrepresented in a leading national publication. It's also highly unusual that there are three articles in pretty short succession about the same companies. This may have something to do with the fact the developer of one of the competing companies was a founder of InfoSeek and possibly has some "chits" out and is collecting on them. This experience has convinced me that PC World is not the unbiased publication that I thought it was.

Having used only Artera myself, I can only vouch for how well it works...and it works mighty well. However, I know of several other folks who have experimented with one, and in some cases both, of the others mentioned. They all came back to Artera after the experiment.

Those two companies, and one other, are benchmarked against and used in Artera's information and advertising, though not specifically named. They go into great detail on the website about how the testing is done, should anyone be interested.

Bottom line will be determined by the folks who use it. It's interesting to me to watch how this plays out. As I said before, I have a boatload of stock in the parent company of ArteraTurbo and I like the way they are going about selling it.

Cheers!