View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
One of my projects is to fabricate and make available hitches for the 123, and 126. The problem with all the commercially available hitches is that they use the smaller receiver. Most accessories use a 2" receiver. My design will be "knock down", and will be easily shippable. It will also have a 2" receiver tube. I am sure the reason why a 2" receiver is not available, is because of the chance of overloading it (liability). Even though there are adapters, having a 2" receiver is much more convenient. This project has been on my mind for sometime, and I need to get started on it soon. The weather has slowed me down, but it will warm up soon and I can get some of the projects started/finished that I have been putting off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Rich, I had a ready to hitch receiver ball install done on my W126 300SD almost 25 years ago. The shop attached it to the storage well with about 8 bolts. I wish I had taken pics of the install but it never crossed my mind. It was for a single axle U HAUL trailer that I hauled my Cub Cadet lawn tractor to Texas enclosed. I'm sure it ran #2,500 or so. I was fortunate the 1,000 mile trip went safely. The hitch ball and install ran about $125.00 as I recall.
RICH,
If you're serious about this W123/W126 trailer hitch design and attachments, I'll try to locate my old 83 300SD and get a photo or two of the assembly for you.