View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 11:00 AM

I need help! What could this be? (pics added)

Hey guys, still loving my 1985 300SD but some things seem to have crept (or is it creeped? ) up. I have a very loud idle on the car so I figured it was the rubber mounts on the air cleaner after reading and seeing that all 3 were not even connected.

Replaced those and in the process, I accidentally knocked off a wire/vacuum hose or something, and then put it back where it goes. Actually two came off I think. One that I think connects to the turbo and one that connects to something else near the turbo. No idea what they are but would like to know. (EGR valve?) (Something on the turbo that connects elsewhere further to the left kinda in front of the battery?)

Also, I replaced the inner seal ring that connects the air cleaner to the turbo charger. The big ring, not the small one. There was no ring for a while actually.

So now to the problems: The car is extremely loud and shakey when I start it up. Then, when I drive it, the turbo at first sounded like one of those semi-trucks. This was before installing the seal ring. It then developed into what I can only describe as a police siren. I then put the seal ring in and still the same. Shakey as hell on startup, Turbo sounds like an ambulance or police siren and the car goes until it gets to about 60-75 and does not really want to go more and at that time the turbo is sounding like a speeding cop car.

So could this be something I did when I knocked the vacuum lines off? (if they are even vacuum lines/wire?) The initial semi truck turbo sound occurred after this and then it developed into a siren.

Any ideas on where and how to start. I have only a bit of knowledge but am still learning. A few years ago you guys helped me get my windows working and door panel off and back on. And it was awesome! I totally meant to come back and log in, but forgot my password, but just now found my passwords and now plan on staying.

Love you guys!

Help!

Last edited by W126Girl; 05-24-2015 at 02:51 PM.