View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 07:16 PM

So, as threatened, after a weekend of internet surfing I'm back with more thoughts and questions. 1) I understand why folks say to ignore the M45 and go to the M62 but the M45 was designed to mount on, and parallel to, the side of an inline engine like my M110. The 62 and up's were meant to be mounted to the top of a V engine. I think it would be a nightmare to adapt. 2) The M110 at 5K engine RPM and 80% efficiency needs 197CFM. The M45 does 300CFM at 6K
engine RPM, hopefully enough to make a noticeable difference. 3) depending on the crank pulley to SC pulley ratio the M45 is capable of an actual max PSI of 8.5 at 14K SC pulley speed, or 260hp. This is all from charts I found online that are supposedly dyno numbers. 4) have a post on the Megasquirt forum about controlling the recirculating valve from my MS2 extra, so far no responses. Could go to plan B which involves removing the recirc. valve and connecting the two SC halves together with an adaptor then adding a BOV before the throttle body. Would make life a lot simpler. On the subject of throttle bodies, a calculator I found says a 2.8L, street engine with 10psi boost needs around a 50mm throttle body valve for all around performance. It adds up, by there calculations, a 5.0 stock mustang needs a 60mm valve,which it what it comes with. So my question is, why did the D-Jet throttle body on my 2.8L M110 have a 67mm valve, or has the thinking changed since 1975?? Should reiterate, all these mods are just for the hell of it. As always all comments gratefully appreciated.