View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 08:20 AM
There is Life After VW!

The U-Pull-&-Pay on south Broadway in ABQ almost always has at least a few W123 and later cars in its yard. Older cars are getting fewer and farther between, but you will still find a W114/W115 and maybe even a W108 and others every now and then. All of these cars get picked over pretty quickly and are missing the more sought after parts soon after arrival. But it's still a great place to get basics from engine stuff to hub parts, etc.

ABC Foreign Auto Parts, a bit north of the U-Pull on south Broadway, also has later cars in their yard. There were a bunch of W114/W115 and W123 and other oldies there but they are gone. Their stock is mostly W124 and newer chassis now. Ray is the guy who runs the desk. If he doesn't know you he will have his guys pull the part for you. People complain about Ray but he's been good to me over the years. He let me pull an old W115 220D from the yard into their shop and use the space to check out an engine I ended up not buying from him. Smoked the place out running that worn out turd of an engine, and used their tractor to move the car in and out of the shop. He never complained and I keep going back to him when I'm looking for randoms. If he doesn't have it he always tries to help find what I'm looking for through the local ABQ car scrappers' network. I like the guy.