View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post
Back in the day Transgo ( By Gill Younger ) was the kit to use, but then electronic shift / more complicated units came along and things got slim. I have no idea who is behind the Transgo name these days. Sonax is now one of the big players.

There is an "AMG" solenoid that I "think" gives higher line pressure, search the net for AMG 722.6 solenoid.
I have had a look into this, I believe the AMG blue top solinoids firm up the shifts, however the Transgo kit has additional valving and stiffer springs.

I believe the AMG solinoids simply decrease the actuation time in the valve body for the shifting part of the transmission, whereas I believe the Transgo kit increases pressure in the whole transmission which would give you additional clamping power on the clutch packs with regards to modifying the overlap valves.

I know that the conductor plate and seals do have issues, mine is ok at the moment but will look to perhaps upgrade the valve body when I do a full transmission oil change next. I believe I might be able to do an interim partial oil change using a vacuum oil system as I did with the engine oil, but will do a full transmission filter and oil change over perhaps next year and install the upgraded internals at that point.

The car doesn't have enough power at the moment to justify the additional clamping pressure at the moment will I will look to do it when it starts to flare between changes.