View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 AM

W210 aftermarket seat rails?

Hi all,

I have a W210 E300 turbodiesel estate, I have fully manual seats (rather than the heavy and complex electric seats). I will be looking to reduce some weight in the car but won't be stripping the car out fully for racing so I will be only doing the following:

Rear seat removal
Boot seat removal
Tool kit removal
Spare wheel removal
De-backbox

I know that the stock manual seats should be much lighter than the electric leather seats I know that they are still quite heavy. I actually found that just the seat cushion bases weigh around 20kgs.

My question is around the front seats though, they can easily unbolt with the 4 simple bolts and electrical connector (guessing for the seat sensor and belt alert). My issue is that the bottom of the seat belt actually attaches to the seat itself - are there any aftermarket seat rails that you can attach the standard seat belts to?

I don't mind removing some of the simple parts such as the spare wheel when I do go drag racing with the car, however it would be a bit of a faff to keep taking the seat in and out of the car. This is why I am thinking of upgrading to lighter seats and keep them bolted in etc.