View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
Due to manufacturing, the cost of new machines, new speed limit signs, older cars on the road, etc., I don't see the US changing anytime soon. In manufacturing, everything is converted over during machining, unless you have access to metric cutting tools and a CNC. The sheer cost alone to change that is astronomical.
I think it could be done. Not sure about the cost. As thr article pointed out, lots of manufactures need to make two of the same item. One for the US and one for the rest of the world. Most cars have a speedo with both MPH and KPH. As for the signs. Don't need to make new ones. I have seed signs that just have a overlay on the number they want to change. With a 60MPH sign just make a "L" over lay with "10" and KPH under it. Clean the sign, slap it on.

I think given the confusion of the measuring system that metric would catch on very quickly.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.