View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 02:57 PM

Thanks guys!

I'll see if Tim had the map still (it's been a while since he built it and I didn't get a map when he sent the turbo back). His goal for the build was about 15 PSI and about twice the volume - a great concept from my experience. I can get around 20 PSI with the boost controller cranked up but I think the extra intake heat offset any boost gains, hence the intercooler (which I knew I'd need anyhow).

The EGT's are only 650ish at the end of the track so I have plenty of room to mess with timing and still be OK. I'm thinking maybe I'll nudge the timing up a tad at a time and see when it A) gets too hot or B) falls on it's face.

I've also just added an intake manifold temp readout (Auber to match my EGT) so I can see what the intercooler does for me. I may make a run with the intercooler pump off just to get a feel for the intake temps w/o the intercooler.

Lucas - No "extra" fuels are allowed in my class (must be commercial Diesel fuel or Event Diesel if offered - ECTA allows pump Diesel). The way the LSR rules are structured I can't add N2O, propane, or anything else without moving to "Unlimited Diesel" which has NO displacement limit - I'd be screwed. I REFUSE to cheat so I have to abandon that idea - oh, well.

Mark - when can I drag you up here with your trusty timing light system? We could plan a dyno day and make actual measurements of the results - like science or something!

I have no vacuum pump, power steering, power brakes, A/C, power door locks (or ANY door locks) or any of that other stuff. As far as weight - the truck is 3080 with me in it. You guys won't believe this but weight has virtually no effect on top speeds in LSR unless you're running a LOT more vehicle than I am and then it is a small effect.

I've been running a 28" rear tire with a 3:08 gear - the purpose of the tall tire is to lower the final drive ratio. I also have some 23" tires that I have yet to try so I have more things to mess with. The 28" tires are drag radials and are wider than I wanted but they were the only 15" tall tires I could find with a speed rating.

Again, thanks all for the input.

Dan