View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM

My 06 E320 CDI does 0 to 60 mph in 13 seconds ! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E300D View Post
Good day folks

Got a 2005 E320 CDI 118k miles. It just seem sluggish and underpowered. Seems to be lacking the torque it should have.

This is my first CDI car in family. I have not driven any other CDI I6 to compare.

So its got new fuel and air filters, Clean EGR system and no check engine lights. New air intake temp sensor and new MAP sensor.

I still think the damn thing does not have the grunt it should provide. I had car scanned on MB star program and no faults found.

Would a clogged air intake make such a great difference. Would there not be some sort of fault code for it?

What about the injectors? Car starts up great and has no smoke under heavy acceleration.

Fuel milage in town is ok, not great 13l to 100km..

Thanks

Hi E300D, did you ever get your issue resolved? I am in the same boat as you.

A little bit of the car's background. I had my E320 CDI injector seals replaced recently, and ever since then, I have lost the 'scalded cat' behavior of my car. I used to do 0-60 in around 7 seconds. But now, it takes around 13 seconds.

I have no CEL. The guys who replaced the injector seals have no clue why it has lost its performance. I did get 2 fuel injectors replaced with new ones as well. I read somewhere that the injectors need to be coded using diagnostic tool. Does my model have injectors that need to be?

Right now, like yours, my car runs smooth and even revs all the way to 4400 rpm. It just does not have that grunt and exhilarating acceleration like before. Any help will be highly appreciated.