View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_bob View Post
The majority of the fuel lines on this car are the plug in type with a few notable exceptions.

The steel lines from the tank (supply and return) emerge in the engine bay on the left side.
(Well at least they do on my LHD car.)
They transition to black rubber hoses for the leap over to the engine.
The supply hose terminates on the fuel preheater.
The return nose terminates at the fuel filter bleed port.
These rubber hoses are secured on my car with worm screw clamps. You may have Oetiker (Clic-R) band clamps instead.

The remainder of the supply side lines are all the plug in type. It goes from the preheater to the pre filter to the shutoff to the lift pump to the main filter back through the shutoff and into the injection pump. This last connection is a direct connection using a nipple on the back side of the shutoff valve that goes right into the body of the IP. There is an o-ring at this junction that is forgotten and is notorious for leaking. P/n 021-997-75-48

The return side consists of three hoses that join together at the fuel filter.
The injector returns are jumped together with small gauge rubber hose that pushes onto the injector barbs. There is a barbed fitting at the filter bleed port for the end of the injector return hose. The opposite end at cylinder #6 has a stub of hose with a plug stuffed in it.

The pump return line is on the back side of the IP. This connection is a traditional banjo fitting with 2 crush washers and an o-ring. If you order a new hose the crush washers and o-ring are not included with the hose. The other end of this hose plugs into the bleed port on the primary filter and has 2 extra nipples, one is for the injector return hose and the other is for the tank return hose.
Thank you so much for your help, I know that the injector return lines and banjo bolt on the back of the injection pump are fine, I think the air leak will be somewhere between the fuel filters. I am also tempted to change the O rings over on the back of the shutoff valve next time the inlet manifold is off, they seem fine and I didn't have any air in the system before I knocked them when taking the manifold off typically!