Thread: W111
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:15 AM

W111

Hello guys, I have recently aquired a very nice 1963 220Sb it is been brought out of storage an it had the basic tune ups and such. But i've driven it about 60 miles since i got it from the previous owner. He drove only 10 miles before he sold it to me (he found the car in storage and sold it to me). Anyways the carbs were adjusted and seem alright but my car has a few problems i don't know how to fix. First off the car is very slow. Like VERY slow, it won't go past 45-50 the engine starts hesitating after 40 overall first 3 gears are very short for some reason or is this normal? I am usually at 4 gear by 40 mph. Also the car gets very hot when I bring it home after I drive a few blocks. The head and radiator are like fire you cant lay your finger on them for even a second. Will electronic ingnition fix these problems? Everyone says this car was pretty fast back then. But my top speed if i'm lucky is 50, not 103 like it supposed to be. But i would be happy if the car would go up to 80 and not smoke as much. Also another big problem is every time i slow down to a red light the car turns off as i slow down, then it turns right on when i turn the car on again. Please help.