View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:51 PM

W123 rear subframe bushing kit, which one?

I am researching the rear subframe bushings, I came up with four part numbers and am confused which is going to be the best option

123 350 00 75 offered by Mercedes and Febi has round rubber bushings as well as the main bushings, hardware but no metal hanger
123 350 01 75 offered by Mercedes and Meyle (which was OE supplier way back) this is the most common kit, has metal hangers
123 350 02 75 offered by Mercedes and Febi, apparently a heavy duty version like the 00 version, has round rubbers too.
123 350 03 75 wagon version? Only Mercedes offers. No pics found yet.

I am setting the car up for towing duty since we no longer own a pick up truck (euro hitch with all proper mounting bars) so I want the most support possible, 1982 240D (ok, no jokes please, we live rural speed doesn't matter for dump runs and fire wood!). I like the idea of HD version and the extra rubber discs (if even used in the sedan?), just have to wait for stock to come in. Any thoughts or personal experience with the different kits?

I will also be doing the diff mounts and trailing arm bushings, engine and trans mounts already done along with a tight front end.