View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Sing Blue Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
wow - the start and run relays for the motor look like they are a part of the motor...not sure what they will look like.
There is an overload inside that motor also...not sure how to test than unless you can see it and get to exposed leads inside (which you often cant)

Your meter should show continuity wherever there is a coil, so like the motor itself, or the timer motor, with the unit UNPLUGGED should show 0.5-2.0 ohms (or just beep) when you meter across a motor.

-With the unit plugged in, and the timer set to somewhere in the middle of the time scale (so that it Should run if you pressed the start button) see if you get voltage between L1 (yellow) and the Black wire that connects with the Orange wire near the timer - this will verify that you are getting voltage to the timer motor - you will need to press the start button and maybe have some alligator clips handy the leave things connected for testing while the button is pressed.

kinda weird to look at this without a real dryer to bounce the drawing off of, maybe guys here with more appliance experience than I will say where I am not doing it right.

Lastly - please be careful with 220v, be aware of your test leads and whether the machine is plugged in or not. I know I just asked you to do a live test but just keep that plug in mind or nearby...

I know, the timer and start switch are integrated which makes this much harder to figure out then it otherwise would have been...... Here is a picture of the unit in question. Timer 37001240 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

I can't say that i'm competent enough to do a test with the unit plugged in but I will do the other tests tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorainfurniture View Post
Can you post the model#?
Believe me I wish that it had one! (That was easy to find) All it says is Amana Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb4R-FvEKgM )

The best I was able to figure out is that its an NDG2335AWW

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."