Thread: W111
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Grandslam View Post
Well thanks for the info guys. I just checked my car and two barrels are not even moving! One on each carb the two on the right.
So one mystery is solved. That's why your car is slow. Been there, done that. "The two on the right" -- from what perspective? Front of car, back of car, engine side, fender side? I'm assuming you have two 2-barrel solex carbs. Is that correct? It is possible you have Zenith or Weber carbs also, but less likely.

Quote:
Also my oil seems fine since i changed it. Also to clarify the previous owner took the car to a mercedes mechanic and rebuilt the carbs, brakes, cleaned gas tank and changed the fluids.
Is the mechanic who did this local or not local?

Quote:
When I got the car, i changed the oil, changed plugs, new caps rotor and points adjusted to .19
What plugs did you use? Be specific. Most people put in the wrong plugs.

Quote:
if i remember the guy who sort of adjusted my carbs and points wasn't really knowledgeable so.. Well what do i do now that i know two barrels aren't working? (I have almost no mechanical skills lol)
When you speak of the guy who sort of adjusted your carbs - are you talking about the Mercedes mechanic or someone new?

Now that you know that two barrels aren't working you do exactly what the Mercedes manual says about setting and adjusting the linkage. You have made no mention of the choke or the choke cable, which concerns me a bit. Do you have a choke knob, do you use it, and does it do something? This is also relevant in getting the car to run right.