Thread: W111
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Hey guys sorry for the inconvenience. Im going to answer in order. 1st the temp guage on the dash reads aprox 180 when car is warmed up but it stays at 180 the whole time driving..
2nd the Mercedes mechanic who did the major stuff wasnt local and i never met him, the previous owner told me what he did and i take his word since the calipers look fantastic but they don't feel like power brakes. The local mechanic just did the points. 3rd my plugs were very cheap autolite 606 copper core.
Also the carb is Solex i meant right from the point of view standing in front of the hood.
Also i have no access to a manual of any sort but i did just find a Mercedes shop that can work on my car. Any idea how much they would charge since im broke lol. The choke works fine and i have to use it to turn on the car unless i just drove it. If i turn it off the car will also turn off unless i rev it alot. Actually just checked the oil and its half passed the first mark but color looks fine.. When i changed the oil it was a bit past the 2nd line and that was about a month ago.