Thread: Prioritizing
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 03:08 PM

Prioritizing

The Mercedes keeps having things go wrong, and now that the back window motor died, overwhelmed. Any suggestions on how to prioritize?

They are:

Get the windows operational:
Front driver's window needs to have the rubber from the '79 installed. To be truthful, been so long using a 2x4 I don't remember what is/was wrong.
Rear passenger motor is dead. Wiring was recently replaced by Tram and neither switch works it.

Get A/C operational:
Fabricate brackets for parallel flow condenser
Have hoses made
Vacuum and recharge
Greatest challenge of the tasks, as need help. First person took over a year, botched the brackets, and I got frustrated which terminated the acquaintanceship.

Front motor mounts are shot again, due to the oil and fuel leaking. Fixed the oil leak, cleaned the engine, and seems resolved. Then found the injector crush washers need to be replaced.

Replace 2 and 5 injector crush washers.

Fix emissions E.C.U. cover and then install kick panels. Thankfully have the hardware from the '79.

Resolve loose steering column.

Replace broken windshield. Do see more urgent now the cracks are in my vision, blind when the sun shines directly, so will have to find the money, instead of waiting for it to be available.

Install dash vent. These are a royal pain as the plastic is brittle from age.

Tighten the driver seat.

Clean rear window washer nozzle. Not sure how this be even done, but was going to empty the tank and fill with full strength L.A.s Awesome (already use it in front bottle).

Replace rear backup light. Do they make new rubber gaskets? How about the lens?

Reattach rear bumper rubber.

Reposition front bumper rubber.

Install repaired center console panel. Still looking for a black plastic without power mirror, fade switch, or emergency switch. Be nice if it also didn't have the window switches. With my disability, the 90 pound Golden (15 pounds overweight due to training) walked over the console. Now training to step over.

On that note, she needs a bath bad. I am so saddened, as used to wash my autos every week and wax at least several times a year. Once in University and my health, gotten spread further and further, but this is the longest ever. Every time I look at her, makes me sad how I have abused her.

Reattach mirror trim.

Alignment needed badly and rotate tires. On that note, how often should they be done?

Install center bumper trim.

Paint and install better grill.

Front rotors been warped for a couple years and now have a good set of used on the '79, need to pull those. Also new pads, which was having a hard time finding the recommended ones.

New brake fluid. Feel way over due.

Oil change I think is coming up. Will also check on valve adjustment.

Think that is all.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.