View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 03:12 PM

I documented my thought process on building a bluetooth enabled, Android tablet app for my engine instrumentation in this thread - Engine Instrumentation Project. I don't publish the code because I'm not a programmer and it's pretty much undocumented, brute-force, spaghetti code which is kind of embarrassing...and probably mostly unreadable.

This is not something that could easily be adapted to a different environment because everything is custom. Every time a sensor is added or changed both the Arduino end and the Android end have to have code (and possibly wiring) changes made. Every sensor has it's own output and this needs to be incorporated, often building custom algorithms for the readouts.

If you've got the ODB-II interface, Torque is definitely the way to go, and if you want to do something for an older setup, everything you need is on the internet in Android/Arduino/Processing documentation/forums...it just takes time and patience and trial-and-error.

I loved having it on the most recent 4500 road trip to monitor engine health and to ensure nothing got out of spec.
  • Manx
  • Baja Bug
  • F350 Powerstroke
  • Auburn Boattail Speedster replica