View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 09:47 PM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

So It's been several years since I sold something I was this emotionally attached to.

Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon | eBay

Phone has been ringing constantly from all over the country. Had one local guy take a look this afternoon. He pulled up in a beat up, trashed mini-van and is looking for a new family hauler. Knows the motor, used to have a Trans am or something and wants the wagon because of it. He smelled terrible from smoking black and milds, and given the condition of his van it would make me sick to sell the car to him. He would throw away 5 years of fastidious care in a matter of days. He wants to take it to his mechanic tomorrow. I have jury duty and think I will just keep making excuses until he goes away.

I just got off the phone with someone who lives 300 miles away and owns a rusted up one and is looking for a pristine one to preserve. The conversation went well until he offered me $3000 and let me keep the wheels and floor mats. He could tell I was slightly agitated and got off the phone.

The several others have been pleasant enough. One is an artist in Arizona who wants an appealing looking vehicle to haul around his work to art fairs and sell out of. Another is a collector in South Carolina that wanted a picture of every flaw I could find. Really hope he's not a flipper.

The car has such huge sentimental value. I've taken it to both coasts twice, so many memories like bringing home my first born and other things. You just can't put a price on that. The problem is, it's one gigantic memento that I barely ever drive. I'd rather fill the garage space with something fun that I would really want. I don't know what to do. Buying more garage space is not the answer.
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!