View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:29 PM
Likes DIY/Tech'y inclined

thanks

Thanks for the replies. I use HR9DC+ which IIRC is Denso. Anyhow, my neighbor who has a shop that strictly deals with MBZ recs to change fuel filter and if problem persists, check injectors, FPR, Fuel Dist (in that order).

Update: The car starts and runs for NLT 10 seconds (idle) anytime I try to start her whether after overnight or just after turning off due to rough idle. When I do leave her running, she recovers just fine for another 10 seconds before stumbling again. My neighbor swears the problem is not electrical, but mechanical (fuel starvation). Of course it could be the electricals that power the mechanicals too...

Since I can start the car anytime, but only runs for NMT 10 seconds normally, I think I can safely assume the FP, FP relay, and accumulator is working—fuel pressure (accumulated) is at least fine for 10 seconds. Since it’s starved afterwards, we’re thinking clogged fuel filter or injectors, maybe broken FPR. I’ll look into what everyone has suggested as well. Thanks again…

'87 W124 260E (DD)
98K orig. mi. @7/15
CLK 7-Spoke Forged Wheels
Neuspeed springs/Bilstein Sport
4/3 bump (F/R)

'97 993 Carrera
106K orig. mi.
Always driven like it's stolen