I have now changed all 4 door straps. Here are the steps I used with help from Darius.
1. Take off door lining
2. Unbolt the 3 bolts to the door strap
3. Pull out the metal washer clip
4. Use heavy hammer and strike upwards against the bottom of the pin.
5. Use something like a screwdriver to finish delivering the pin out of the slot.
6. Reach inside the door unit to remove the old door strap.
Re-install is a bit more tricky actually...if anyone needs that info, please e-mail me. I'm sure there are many variations of the theme.
Thanks again for your help!!!
Thunk..what a wonderful sound!