View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 08:14 PM

Euro 230.6 stalling issue

Hello all, sneaking over from the Porsche tech forums haha. Last year I picked up a super clean 1973 230.6 Automatic that was imported from Germany in the 80's. I could get it to run but it sputtered and farted and I never made it very far. I've been busy with a few other cars but have finally had some time to get to work on this thing.

I started off by ordering weber carbs, new plugs, distributor cap, rotor, points, msd 6al and a hi vibration blaster. I removed the carbs and installed the new ones today with all the other stuff, the car fired right up but stalled after about 2 minutes. I started it again adjusted the carbs as per the Redline/Weber instructions and about 30 seconds after I finished she stalled again. I'm not new to carbs, and I don't think they are the issue.

Without giving the car any gas, just rolling it over with the key it fires right back up and idles perfect for about 2 minutes then falls down slowly and stalls or just stalls. I must have did this about 10 times, same result everytime, perfect idle, revs fine, then after about 2 minutes, just cuts out and dies, won't rev, plop.... Here's a video prior to pulling my hair out and a picture of her with some old RS shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GO3zyqUjCM

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew