Thread: Wasp attack
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

Location: Sharing my mother's basement with several liberals who can't hold a job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
It's a tempting thought but no can do. The vegetation is dry and thick enough such that a fire would take off in a hurry. I had a vise grip with me to turn the water valve and dropped it. When I couldn't find my little head-light flashlight I realized I must have left it on my head and flung it off while swatting wasps.

About 20 minutes later I carefully climbed up from below and luckily found them both. There was a thick cover of some sort of morning glory and they could have easily been hard to find. I looked to the area where I think the nest might have been and couldn't see it, the hole in the earth that is.
I had them under my concrete porch one year and was kinda freaking out over the possibility of having to hire a pro. I found out they don't nest in the same place again, which made me wonder how the heck do they survive winter and start over. They were right, next spring, no yellows. Maybe wait it out.

I got hit several years in a row and each time my response was worse and worse, Doc told me I was building a reaction and might have to carry one of those injection kits......I give those boys a wide berth now, haven't had any stings in 10 or so years.