View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:21 PM

Haven't done much to the car today other than drive it around a bit and I got the antenna working. Opened the antenna case up and it the white gears were just stuck. Rocked them a bit and broke them free and fed the antenna full extended by hand. Wiped down the mast with WD40 and liberally applied white lithium grease on the gears and nylon mast line and all is well.

Took her on the highway - paint dries faster than this get's up to 60. Cruises happily at 70.

Scanned the car with the HHT and got the following from various systems:

EDS
- 005 Vacuum Transducer, fault in exh. gas control loop

ABS
- 003 RPM Sensor RF L6/2

ASD
- 005 VSS Sensor RF L6/2 - // - Open Circuit

RCL
- 002 LR Door Actuator S47 - // - Open Circuit

CF
- 038 Sliding/Pop up roof S13/2, M12, N57

PSE
- 005 Orthopedic Backrest Air Demand Too High

The only thing engine related is that vacuum transducer. ABS/ASD lights have been on since I got the thing so I'm not surprised a wheel sensor is dead. I'm happy it's just a sensor - I think I've got one in the garage somewhere, if not I'll get one from a junkyard car.

I'm going to whip out the old pump lock tool and see where the injection pump is timed. If someone went so far as to play with the delivery valves, who knows if they were messing with the injection pump timing.

This thing is far too slow. I've driven rodbenders with terribly ovaled cylinders and they were still faster than this (although many of the blue smokes were happening haha). I've got some pics attached of a taster of what the HHT was showing me.
Attached Thumbnails
OM603.971 - shimmy shimmy shimmy-img_4195.jpg   OM603.971 - shimmy shimmy shimmy-img_4196.jpg   OM603.971 - shimmy shimmy shimmy-img_4197.jpg