View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 11:19 AM

More updates...

Car has been running great but electrical gremlins have sidelined it until the weekend.

The alternator has been dead since I bought it so I picked up a Saab 115amp alternator for it which I'll hopefully get swapped tonight.

I also need to pull apart the fuse blocks and clean all of the electrical contacts. I'm having issues with the power windows working when they want to... temp and fuel gauges fluctuating at times... sometimes the fuel gauge wont come up at all. Sender and wiring look to be in good shape.

I pulled all the main grounds and cleaned them up.. cleaned all of the fuse sockets and added a ground strap to the gauge cluster... still no change.

I figure I'll take some time this weekend and disassemble the fuse blocks and clean them really well and go from there.

Getting very tempted to just pick up a universal atc fuse block and rewire the car... wouldnt be too hard and would most likely eliminate all of the 40yr old wiring issues. Problem is I'm not sure about using the oem switches and controls...

More to come.
-Chris