View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I need my own cutting torch and am looking at buying new gear, not used. I've been using propane to cut but am open to OA, if there's a compelling reason for it.

Also, I have been told that one can buy a torch that can use both with just a tip and regulator change.

What's your opinion on either or both?

How much and what materials you're cutting will impact the overall costs, so differences and advantages of maintaining some dual fuel option might not be worth it if one isn't placing greater value on the novelty or some specific reasoning to keep the propane fuel capability.

If someone it ever looking at doing real steel cutting and having plenty of that to do I would suggest a set-up that used liquid fuel-gasoline, where the cost will be lower over a larger longer run.

If you like cutting with gases you'll get a woody once you go PLAZMA BABY! Depending on the materials of course, with steel plasma for the home owner and small shop usually tops out at about 1/2" thickness, maybe a little more for the higher end machines and less for the lower end machines.

Last edited by BatteredBenz; 08-07-2015 at 07:12 PM.