View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 07:39 AM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

Congradts !

My bad for not providing other info and insight that I have picked up over the last few years.

1. Never buy a car with a reserve or "minimum". Those cars are not worth it IMO. Lesson learned although without any consequences: Bidding and "won" a W123 Coupe which was beyond mint condition at location in SC. I was willing to pay the dealer fee of $200 plus all the other milk and cookie money. Got the winning quote at $950. Car had reserve. Seller wanted $1,500, which was certainly a more than fair price. However, an auction is an auction. I offered $1,000 as my BAFO. Said nope, wanted $1,100 as their last BAFO. So, I walked. About 2 months later, same exact car pops up. This time, no reserve. I did not quote because I was flush with cars and parts, and projects. Car sold for $800. So, I automatically filter those cars out.

2. If you can, visit the car. I don't mind driving when I can. Right now, lower back issues are making driving about impossible. But, if you have the time and ability, go check them out. Some cars look horrible, but are not. Others look "OK", but are disasters in the making.

Here's my son's car about 5 weeks after buying it. $1,540 at the body shop. Cannot tell anywhere that the car was totaled. Got around $10,000 in equity in the car. Son has the coolest, or one of the coolest cars in his HS parking lot. If he gets a couple tickets, I can sell the car quick for a profit or he has a great starter car for college next year too. So, another COPART success story IMO. I really like COPART.
Attached Thumbnails
Copart.com experience?-snapchat-3928637228110293122.jpg