View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 03:15 AM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

I can offer the following:

I won't need to charge for the mileage. I plan on boot strapping the drive for other purposes to head out in a particular direction, so I would not double dip so to speak unless I am driving way into the country into Tim-Buk-Two.

BUT, I would like to get paid for my time. So, if I spend 1 hour checking out a car and filming it, photographing it, and another hour uploading a video, uploading pictures, and providing whatever that is needed in writing and the EPC check, then 2 hours is the "bill". I am thinking $25 bucks an hour is OK by me since I am tossing in the driving for free. If it's PP, then add 4%. I can also mail to the person a copy of the film on a CDR along with the photos. I would take a few hundred snappies. That is at no extra charge, so USPS priority mail at $5.75 and the price of a disc is included in the $50.00. I think that is fair for a decent once-over of a car.

The only issue for me is figuring out a "quick" method to upload videos. I have successfully uploaded a few videos (finally) on YouTube, but it took forever.

So, Miguel, any ideas on speeding up the uploading process? I am thinking that if a person is really interested in a car and willing to pay another, they want that info ASAP.

If a person wants a COPART review in super detail, then that would only be $25.00 since COPART in Gaston, SC is only 30 minutes from me and I sort of enjoy going there to check out cars, et cet. Same as above, I would upload a video, and take 200+ pictures so the buyer really knows what they are buying. I would need to tack on $7 bucks for the disk and postage if the person wanted that.

However, any car review that I would do would be virtually the same as if the person was there checking out the car himself.