View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
May not be the best ideal for very infrequent users to own battery powered tools. All batteries have some form of shelf life. I have gotten to the point of when I use them I do so heavily. At the same time the interval between uses may generally soon be a year or more.
My car-cord adapters have given all my cordless tools added versatility and saved the ones with dead, obsolete batteries from the junk-pile!
I really don't miss the batteries too much, as so far I've always been able to get my car close enough to any of my jobs where AC-power hasn't been availible.
I wonder if there's any market for a cordless-tool car-adapter, at least for those tools that would be compatible in the 12 to 18 volt range. Or even a home AC adapter that could actually power the tool, vs simply charging the battery.
Of course, every make and size tool has a special battery-pack, so one might need to market a zillion different adapters. And it might be a deal-breaker if one had to pay some kind of royalty to every cordless tool-maker to sell those adapters.

Happy Motoring, Mark