View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
That could work if you don't have corded drills or are in the hills and have no alternating current.

I've struggled with old drills and after market batteries and aging chargers. I've quit messing with that and just buy new Makitas instead. The 18 volt lithium fast charging small Makita (white casing) is appealing. Lightweight and 15 minute charge. Ryobi, Coleman, B&D, etc. are not worth the trouble for my snobbish ass. I use them at times when the client has one out. A shadow of Makita, Bosch, Hilti, or Milwaukee. My experience limited with the latter three but they seem to be adequate.
On a related note -
I recently went to a yard sale where the guy was selling a huge pile of assorted corded and cordless power tools. Skil, Ryobi, B&D, Milwaukee, etc....
Was going to grab a nice, brand-new looking Milwaukee 7" circular-saw in a hard case for $20 until I discovered the blade shaft was wobbling badly -apparently the bearing had failed. Looked at the saw's label and found 'Made in China'! Oh well.
Instead, for that $20, I wound up getting a beat-up Makita 7" circular-saw that works perfectly, and a shorted-out Sears Craftsman Table-top drill press. 15 minutes of minor rewiring at the switch and the drill-press is now good as new!

Happy Motoring, Mark