View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 02:36 AM

W115 1972 220d turn signal issues, and other electical questions.

So some issues with my recently aquired /8
When I picked up the car, the drivers turn signal was stuck on...I pulled the flasher/hazard relay apart, noticed that the board was sitting outside of the guide, and that it was likely causing some sort of issue.

I took it apart, and reinforced the guide areas with superglue, and re-purposed zip-ties. Ghetto I know.
It doesn't seem to have worked. Now when I plugged the relay back in, the right turn signal was not working at all. However, if I push the harness into the relay harder, the turn signal comes on...leading me to believe that I fixed nothing, which is ok, but I need an idea of what to do to fix it.

I also took, the multiswitch off and took it mostly apart, and did not see any issues, so at this point, I do not know if it is in the switch, or in the relay/flasher. I am pretty sure it is either in the flasher, or in the wiring between the flasher, and the multiswitch.

I am considering seperating the turn signal from the hazard flasher, but I don't understand how the electronics work on this car. I do not know if the turn signals have to be wired into the hazard relay in order for the hazards to work.

If someone has the turn signal wiring diagram for a 1972 220d that may help me sort out, what I can and can't do, and what troubleshooting I can do.

I also have several wires, in various places that are connected to nothing.
I will post the pictures and hopefully we can shed some light on some things.
Some of the wires are near the a/c compressor. And there is evidence that atleast one of them connects to the casing.
The other wires are under the dash/in the center console, and I am pretty sure are all related to the radio.

And the last wire is a blue one, coming from the gauge cluster...

My air conditioning doesn't work, I can't even figure out how to turn the blower motor on.

Thank you all in advance.
Ron