View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM

The car was £1000. I have been incredibly lucky. It was having the bodywork restored 26 years ago, that was mostly finished, then the body shop went bust, the owner was given a week to remove it. He did, put it in a barn, intended to do it up, never did. I jokingly said he could give it to me (he knows I'm into my classic cars, I have 2 amazons and a '59 Bristol). He tapped me on the shoulder recently and said I could have it. For free. I refused, offered him the grand, he accepted. There are various trim parts missing, such as a bit of front and rear window chrome, a brake calliper, rear light holder etc. Most bits I have managed to find for reasonable money, but certain parts are eye wateringly expensive. Ludicrous, actually, imho, but given the prices attainable for these cars maybe not..everyone wants to get rich quick I'll not be selling it.
It'll run soon. I have replaced the fuel pump, all lines, rebuilt the injection system, dizzy, all ignition parts, aav, flushed the fuel tank, replaced all fluids and filters, rebuilt the gearbox lock out, cleaned and freed all injectors, reseated them, rebuilt the throttle body and tps, cleaned all the electrical connections etc. I tried to start it last weekend for the first time in 26 years, but there's something up with the ecu connections (fuel pump continually runs on key position two, no start or spark presently). Hopefully tomorrow she'll fire up. I'm on a steep learning curve, but loving it. I have attached one of the few pics I have, taken after I pulled all the front chrome off.
Attached Thumbnails
w111 rear lights-merc111.jpg