View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 09:39 PM
multi string slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
I had a tire shop do this to my Volvo a few years back and they even argued with me that this is the CORRECT method to balance tires. I've ****ing had it with tire shops and finally decided to mount and balance my own tires using this method.
AircoledTech.com's "Tools-On-The-Cheap" Wheel balancing With Beads
This yields by far the smoothest ride I've ever had. It never goes out of balance and theres no wheel weights to lose.
TjTs1, I have never heard of this technique but sounds awesome. I wish I had known about this a few weeks earlier when I put new tires on. Maybe I will get lucky and find some sharp objects to drive over so my tires will need replacing.
BTW, I am in Glendale. If you are free, we can meet and race 0-25 and see who gets there last.

Thanks for the links Jay, really helped. I think I will order whatever parts I can find for the linkages. Many of the things that I think are bad are unavailable - which isnt the end of the world. The way I see it, if I can at least change the regulating rod mounts and tighten everything up, it should stop the rod from jiggling about at speed or at least make movement difficult. If not, I will leave good enough alone. Since installing Greazzers OFV spring and cleaning my fuel system, the car feels great. Its nothing like a 2015 Mercedes or a W210 with an OM606 turbo (both of which I drove recently) but nice!
BTW, my mounts are Lemfoerder. I ordered Phoenix from PP but they sent me Lemfoerder. I assume either one is OEM.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to take a video of the loose regulating rod. I will try to remember tomorrow.