View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Registered Maineiac

Dash instructions would be awesome!

One more question about these cars. I've found tons of fantastic vacuum diag. articles. The problem is that I don't know what all the acronyms mean or where all the stuff is. ALDA, VSV, etc, etc. Is there a post somewhere that has a list of all the vacuum parts, what they do, and where to find them? Without that information, it's really hard to follow a step by step guide.
I did fix the vacuum line in charge of making the trans not slam really hard between gears.

Another where do I find it/what's it called question. Under the black box on the rocker cover there are two little piston things with levers over them actuated by the throttle and have vac lines going to the tranny control thing on the injection pump. The plastic tab things were worn down completely, I glued some plastic card material to them and it improved downshifting without having to mash the accelerator. Where can I get the proper parts?

I have fixed everything that exists on a Subaru and was getting bored with them, this car is a lot of fun and for the most part fairly easy to work on. Tons of little issues, but I'm picking away at them in the order they annoy the piss out of me