View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Wax off not happening...

So, used Klasse first to seal the paint. Then P21 wax. However, the wax was dry and chunky despite hand mixing/warming, so tossed a few dribbles of Klasse in, since read can mix. Really helped and took less effort to warm and keep warm. By the way, I apply wax totally by hand, with bare hands. Find my hands don't burn through paint, can feel what is going on, less mess, adjust the temperature, and put on an even layer. No really expensive tools requiring electricity. Used no more than a half a can to do first full wax on the TD (stripped since the oel leak stained the paint, been too long, and concerned the clay had stained the paint since three washes hadn't gotten her clean). Seemed like the paint was taking some of it?

Anyway, gave about a half hour to harden. Most of the wax is not shining up, especially the warm hood (short drive few hours earlier so thought clear). Is it possible put on too much wax? Or, messed up by not curing the Klasse and cutting the P21 with Klasse?

Now what?

Thank y'all in advance!

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.