View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 09:19 PM

Both tie rod sleeves bent?

Guys, I just took my 85 300TD Wagon to get an alignment done and the mechanic told me that both of my tie rod sleeves are bent. I saw that they were not straight shafts but they slightly curve at the end. They are simetrical on both sides!!! He told me that I must have hit something. There is absolutely no damage under the car and the shafts sit higher than a lot of other things where damage would be shown. I purchased the car about 2 weeks ago and everything else is fine. I noticed that the wheels are slightly curved in if you look at the car from the front (the part of the wheels closer to the doors is in and the part of the wheel closer to the bumper is out. He said that the bent shafts are pulling the wheels inwards at the back. I just can't believe that both shafts would be bent exactly the same way!!!!! If anyone has a picture where it shows the tie rod end and the sleeve could you please e-mail it to me? Please look under your cars and tell me whether the sleeve is straight or curved.

Truly yours, Igor.

P.S. I found a picture of tie rod assembly on e-bay and here is the picture which went along with the part.
Attached Thumbnails
Both tie rod sleeves bent?-tie-rod-sleeve.jpg  
1989 Audi 80 Quattro 180K
2002 Audi A6 3.0 Quattro Avant 49K (Wife's car with warranty )

http://banners.wunderground.com/bann...inneapolis.gif