View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Registered Diesel Burner

Yes, I think you should continue to apply air pressure while turning the cylinder through the entire compression stroke. It should tell you something - either that you are not leaking all that much, or that the cylinder wall has some kind of gouge.

Not all that likely to have a gouge in the cylinder wall, but possible I suppose.

The cause of your miss might also be a clogged up prechamber, filled with carbon. Or the injector not injecting fuel in that cylinder.

At some point your testing might include swapping injectors to make sure it's not a bad injector on that cylinder - but I don't think you're there yet.

Have you adjusted the valves? This is very important. You don't seem to have any indications that valves are a problem - but a valve adjustment is a free confidence check.

I would think that with compression a little low on one cylinder, you would get uneven running and some smoke. Wouldn't the fuel partially ignite enough to smoke?

You want to exhaust all the possible "easy-to-solve" issues like fuel delivery before you start to tear into the engine.

Ken300D