View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetiticth View Post
And after a little over a year, I've a update! I swear I (mostly) didn't forget about the forums..
Anyway, here are some updates. Lots of things have changed, and I now am thinking of eventually creating a company, that would produce vehicles very similar to this one.

There will be, at a minimum, three versions of the car. I will mainly be focusing on the high performance version of the car, as I find it to be the most interesting, as well as the most complex.

This project has been delayed indefinitely. While I still intend to make it, the production stage will not begin until I have, at the very least, a bachelors degree and a steady flow of income.

That being said, I would still like to toss some ideas around, before resuming development.

I know it is a longshot, but has anyone here ever messed with a Lenco transmission?

I've presented my ideas to a few people engineers, and the general consensus is that I have chosen the right path for my goals with the vehicle.

So now, the plan is a tubular chassis made from chrome moly tubing.
I plan on working with an established company for the independent front and rear suspension. I'm partial to Art Morrison, because they seem to be incredibly knowledgeable, as well as receptive to custom projects.

I am most likely going to be using an large, aluminum, big block Chevrolet motor, because the small blocks have the Siamese exhaust ports, and I believe it is a poor design. I have a power goal of n/a 800-1000BHP, or 1400+ with a forced induction system.
I will likely not go with a forced induction system, because it makes things more complicated, and one of my goals is to keep the system as simple as possible.

I am thinking of using a Lenco transmission for a few reasons. They are very customizable, sturdy, and they look pretty damn cool (shush, looks are important).

I don't think cooling will be much of an issue. I was concerned with space, but instead I have decided that moving the engine rearward by a few inches, and making the radiator as tall as the motor, should provide sufficient cooling.

There will be a concave panel on the bottom of the vehicle, which will cooperate with an electronic wing in the rear, in order to maintain traction at high speeds.

I don't plan on installing power steering, or power brakes, in the first version of the vehicle. If the car is difficult to steer/stop, I will modify it.

There will be no airbags anywhere. Your only safety features will be a roll cage, and a 5 point seatbelt.

Unfortunately, if I am making and selling a vehicle, I am required by law to put some emissions control on there somewhere, unless I sell the vehicle without the engine.

That's all I can think of off the top my head, questions are always welcome!!
well , being able to make them,, and sell them later down the road,

with a custom fabbed aero body
with a chrome moly tube chassis,
withAart Morrison front and rear suspension
with a lenco transmission
and with a ...... 1000 to 1400 hp aluminum bigblock... ?

where on earth are you going to get any of those?

here is a SERIOUS hint about actual feasibility
(8th digit vin code P) -- that wont get you there but you can pm me for the meaning
all this is a dillusion of grandeur some would say.

better plan on selling to international folks with the kind of money this will end up being