View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 06:12 AM
dieselarchitect

Hey guys, please be nice. This young man is filled with ambition to do this project. Will it ever get done? nobody knows now, but it sure does not hurt us to be positive about it instead of negative.

The truth is that there are hundreds of unfinished cars around started by people who had ambition but for many reasons never were able to finish it off.

There are also many examples of cars that were dreamed of for years and finished.

I disagree on the aero of the car with the fellow who said it would be a brick. I think it looks very slick and would have an impressive drag coefficient.

I used to dream up major project cars like this all the time when I was in college. I never came close to anything like it though until I was in my mid sixties with kids educated and married off. And now I am in the process of getting the 39 Studebaker pickup built. I'm not doing much of the labor but am having a great time digging around for parts and how to do things.

The creative urge is strong. Don't suppress it, channel it.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.