Thread: New 240D Owner
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 04:47 PM

Oh I LOVE how folks read between the lines.....Thinking that since I posted it here, that I am automatically crapping all over his car....

Stating things that are known to go bad on these cars, isn't crapping all over this guys car or anyone else's.....

Now if I came right out and did like another member did....And sad the car has been wrecked...That is crapping all over his car....

Explaining what I meant by Bulimic seats....Was not telling him all his seats are crap and need to be re-stuffed/upholstered....It was EXPLAINING!

I think I said in the other post, that I need more photos....But going by the other hundreds of first gen w123's....I wanted to state what I have seen on them...

I can't tell you if this was the steal of a century, great car, amazing find, you'll never find another one, omg your so lucky, oh wow we all wish we owned this one....etc etc....As it would be lying as I can't state crap with one photo....but I can state what I have seen on others....

And yes the upholstery will set you back a few thousand, as the first gen w123 only used this style of upholstery up until 1979.....yes a few models built in 79 but sold in 1980 may also have it...And yes I know the front seat skins in leather can be had for 300$ but in Palomino....

Last edited by cooljjay; 11-07-2015 at 05:25 PM.